Difference between revisions of "Village:Amateur Radio"
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 144:||Line 144:|
| May 29th
| May 29th
| June 5th/6th
| June 5th/6th
Latest revision as of 23:40, 1 June 2022
|View all Villages|
|Dominic||Fri Jun 3 12:00||Mon May 30 12:00|
|1 inhabitants. Refresh this list.|
You can add yourself to a village by editing your profile page, here (after creating an account, if you do not yet have one).
Hello, we're the "Amateur Radio Village", also known as the EMF Hams. We're a conglomeration of radio amateurs spread across the country that occasionally get together to play with radios, usually at EMF. Some of us have been going since 2012!
Anyone is welcome to join us or say hello, even if you're not a radio amateur you'll probably find something to talk to us about. Interests range from Real Ale to Eurovision, and occasionally we do some radio.
EMF Hams is registered as a club and has callsign Gx1EMF. We will be using it during EMF 2022 and welcome contacts! Our logbook for contacts will be here
A non-exhaustive list of village inhabitants. Name can be whatever you prefer to be called by. If you're bringing something cool like a radio or something communally useful like a kettle, stick it in the "Bringing" Column. We don't need to know about your pants and socks, but bring enough!
If you want your name added to the list but don't want to edit the wiki, give us a shout.
|Matthew (Marrold)||2E0SIP||As early as possible, possibly during build up.||As late as possible||Mostly telephones this year, but I'll bring a Baofeng or 5 so as not to arouse suspicion. Possibly a QO-100 station.|
|Paul||M0TZO||June 2nd||June 5th||Radios, soldering stuff, SumUp card reader|
|Havoc||2E0EMO||June 2nd||June 5th||Paul M0TZO, Kettle, At least a Baofeng,and Radios|
|Paul||M0PLL||June 2nd||June 5th (maybe 6th)||APRS digipeater+igate|
|Paul||M0WPG||June 2nd||June 5th||Power Strips for marquee (2*10way, 1*12way), Radios, Buddipole, SuperAntenna|
|Emma||M7EMZ||June 2nd||June 5th||Paul M0WPG, Radios|
|Josh||M0JMO||June 1st||June 6th||Icom IC-705 HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver, Nissei NS-1230M 30A PSU with Fused PowerPole Distribution Board, Cobweb HF Antenna, POCSAG Pager, Motorola SL4000 DMR HT Radio, Yaesu FT2D FM/C4FM/APRS HT Radio, Elk Log Periodic for 2/70, Co-Ax, HF Antenna Analyser, NanoVNA, Bird Meter with HF (100w & 1000w), VHF (50w) and S-Band (50w) Slugs, Portable Telex, Rabbit Phones and Base Stations, Psion 3MX and Psion 5MX, Psion 56k Travel Fax Modem, Nokia 8210, Canon BJC85 Printer and Paper, Communication Speaker, Big Bluetooth Speaker, Denon Prime Go, USB-C Pinecil Soldering Iron and Solder, USB-C Power Supply, Heatshrink, Wire, PowerPoles, DECT Phone, TTGO for Meshtastic, TTGO for LoRaAPRS, MrJoshua Stickers, CommRadio CR-1A Communications Receiver and BNC Whip Antennas, Camera, Tablet PC & Power Supply, SD Card Adapter, Small Toolkit, Glasses Cleaning Wipes.|
|Jon (Filbert)||M0NGY||June 1st||June 6th||IC-705, QO-100 station, Mast Car. Probably some mobile radios to live in the 'shack' for local comms use. Handhelds capable of Analog, C4FM and DMR. Arrow Antenna. Kenwood D710 for XBand Repeat if needed.|
|Dom||M0DLX||June 3rd?||?||Radios (IC-706 collection), can bring 6m/2m/70cm beams if useful for off-site trips|
|Kathryn||No C/S - Coming with Matthew, putting here for capacity planning if we're asked|
|Ross||No C/S - Coming with Matthew, putting here for capacity planning if we're asked|
|Jim||M0ZAH||June 2nd||June 5th||Networking equipment, Allstar node (hopefully - depends on license)|
|Chris||M0VPN||June 2nd||June 5th||2/70 handie. APRS stuff.|
|Steve||M0SPF||June 2nd||June 5th||Not fully decided yet but possibly all the bits to finish off a DMR repeater build, plus some SIP kit and servers to play BGP, PBX peering etc. Also debating coffee machine of some sort, fridge and microwave/oven...|
|Jamie||M1JSC||June 2nd||June 5th||2m/70cm HT. Possibly a few other bits and pieces if there's space.|
|Mike||G7TOU||June 2nd||June 5th||2m/70cm handheld if I can find.|
|Paul||M0EYT||June 2nd||June 5th||2.4GHz ssb, 2/70 multimode, 27/28MHz multimode (will be camping over near amsat village.|
|Tony||M5OTA||June 2nd||June 5th||2m/70cm handheld, portable HF kit, in a live in vehicle if that makes a difference for planning.|
|Amy||N/A||June 2nd||June 5th||Bringing M5OTA, added for planning :-)|
|Ian Chilton||G3ICC||May 29th||June 5th/6th|
|@Documentally||G5DOC||June 2nd||June 5th||Yaesu FT3D, Yaesu FT5D , Icom ID-52, Icom IC-705, 4m HT, Some PMR radios, a linked dipole, Windcamp Gipsy 5-55MHz HF Portable dipole, Inflatable 2/70 antenna, 6 & 10ft pole, annoying curiosity, silly questions, blues harmonica & ale.|
|Ray W.||N/A||June 2nd||June 6th||[A lot of power ->] x2 25m 16A Leads, x4 16A to 13A Sockets, x2 Weatherproof Hub Boxes (Hub Sharing), x2 Normal Short Extension 6 Gang, x2 50m 13A Reel 4 Plug, x4 15m Outdoor Extension Leads (Local Sharing), [Some Networking ->] x2 50m Cat 7, x4 15m Cat 6 Cable (Local Sharing), 12 Port Network Switch. [No Radio ->] Just interested.|
- We're mostly active on Telegram - https://t.me/emfhams
- We're occasionally active on Twitter, more so as the event gets closer - https://twitter.com/emfhams
- Some of us lurk in the #emfhams IRC channel on libera.chat - it's not super active but if you ask a question and stick around for a day or two you'll likely get an answer
- We have a website - https://emfhams.org/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/emfhams
When you're in the site, these are good ways to contact other hams:
- FM simplex: 433.425 NFM / 145.425 NFM (If in use by other Amateurs then please try 145.450 / 433.450)
- FM repeater: GB3MF is a temporary 70cms analogue repeater which will be run during EMF 2022 by M0TRY. It will be on Output frequency: 430.8 MHz, RX Frequency: 438.4 MHz, CTCSS 118.8 if you want to program a radio in advance
- DMR repeater: GB7NQ (Northern Quarter) is a 70cms DMR repeater run by Mal M0VNA from Maker Space in Newcastle. Details for programming a code plug in advance are here
- 2m FM APRS: There will be an 2m APRS digipeater which will support messaging and igating to/from APRS-IS (as well as any other positioning/messaging systems that people want to bring. Talk to M0PLL!)
- 70cm LoRA APRS: MB7ULG run by Mal M0VNA from Maker Space in Newcastle. details here
- Satellite: We are likely to have a QO100 station in our tent - why not bounce a signal off space to talk to us a few hundred metres away?
- Pagers: MB7PMF will be a 70cm POCSAG pager transmitter attached to DAPNET. Also run by Newcastle Maker Space, details here
- Phones: We will probably have many phones in our marquee, both on the EventPhone DECT/SIP and also CuTEL. Faxing should be available via Extn. 8999.
We'll be trying to link as many of these together as possible. Certainly the 2m and 70cm APRS, hopefully with messaging interop between APRS and DMR and also pagers. If we get time, we want to build a phone patch between the site phone system and FM simplex.