Hello! We’re Persimmon village! We're a bunch of friends building a chill campsite for EMF.
Village location: Near the Accessible Camping area. Exact location TBC.
Note: Wikitables isn't the most intuitive format to update, so if you need help updating any part of this page, you can ask Amran or Siobhan!
Note*: Use the Bringing column to list anything you’re bringing that’s cool, interesting, or communally useful.}
- If you’re staying in Persimmon village, you can join the Persimmon village Signal group. You need to ask another Persimmon villager to add you.
- If you’re not staying in Persimmon village but you’d like to get hold of somebody who is, contact [TBC]. If that doesn't work, you need to procure a persimmon and carry it through the festival grounds, calling your target's name aloud.
Add your ideas, and let’s discuss as a group in Signal! If you feel like you’ve gained enough traction and are happy to facilitate, add it to the Confirmed section below with any relevant details.
|Name (pronouns optional)||Location||Arrival||Departure||Transport||Bringing*||Special interests|
|Aisha (she/her)||South Yorkshire||Thurs||Monday||vw caddy||fancy teas, tea pots and bowls
solar power station (500 watt)
|tea - tech - disrupting neocolonialism|
|Amran (he/him)||just shy of the South Pennine Moors||Thurs||Monday||CAR||A 1.5m picnic table (need to check it fits in the car), 20metre power extension||1992 JZZ30 Toyota Soarer, GT-TL Edition|
|Siobhan (she/her)||Brighton||Thurs PM||Sun||Getting a lift with Olly||Extra COVID tests. FFP2 face masks. Maybe some toy synths.||Explaining things, tools for beginners, anyone talking passionately about something I don't know anything about.|
|Plan||Idea-haver / facilitator|
|Egg-based breakfast every morning. Rotating chefs (folks can sign up to do a particular morning, might be good to have at least two each morning). Style of eggs to be determined by the chefs.||Siobhan|
|Morning meditation and tea||Aisha|
Got something you want to bring to make the campsite stand out? Add it here! There’s no theme, just bring whatever you think will make the place look good.
|Plans||Person / people bringing supplies|
|Fairy lights. We'll probably want several people to bring some!||Siobhan|
TLDR: Please only attend if you've tested negative for COVID and you're not experiencing any COVID-like symptoms.
EMF is a big festival, and we can't completely control our exposure to others. However, there are a few things we can do to be good festival citizens and keep each other safe.
If you're staying in or hanging out in Persimmon village, we would love for you to do the following:
Before you set off from home:
- Take an LFT and let the group know your status, via the group chat. If you test positive, please don't attend.
- Let the group know about any potential extra risk factor (for example, your housemate just had COVID, or you recently went to a big crowded indoor place). This gives our more vulnerable friends enough information to make safety decisions.
- Make a safe plan for what you'll do if you test positive while you're at the event.
- Take an LFT every day.
- If you're able to, carry a mask for spaces that are poorly ventilated (for example, crowded tents and festival toilets).
- Use a friendly alternative to hugs and handshakes.
Some people will bring extra LFTs and masks so that we have enough to go around, but if you can bring your own, please do!