|Providing tasty beverages|
|This team needs volunteers|
What we do
The team is collectively responsible for obtaining the license, logistics, setup, staffing and running of the bars throughout the event.
The bar team will be running two bars at EMF 2018, the main bar will be to the north of the site near stage B, the 2nd bar will be to the south west of the site near stage D.
This property is a special property in this wiki.
|M0LTS||Laurence Stantemail@example.com||27 August 2018||4 September 2018|
|Russ||Russfirstname.lastname@example.org||23 August 2018 19:00:00||6 September 2018 12:00:00|
|Unknowndomain||Tom Lynchemail@example.com||29 August 2018 16:00:00||3 September 2018 17:00:00|
We need people to help with
- Training volunteers at the event
- Managing bars
- Building and packing away the bars
- Serving drinks and talking to people!
The are only two pre-requisites to volunteering as bar staff, first you must be over 18 as this is a legal requirement for selling alcohol which is a large part of the role, and second that you are willing to learn.
What do you get in return?
There are loads of benefits to volunteering on the EMF bar:
- Serving your fellow festival-goers and working with a team of volunteers in the fast paced environment behind the bar is a great way to meet new people and socialise, it doesn’t really feel like work at all.
- It’s a great way to learn how to work on a bar and get experience if you ever fancy a career change! We’ll teach you everything you need to know on the job, it’s really easy once you get started.
- Usually the bar shifts are pretty short so they’re easy to fit in with other things you might want to do, you can even pop back later and help out if there’s a big queue, and help get your friends served quicker.
Working behind the bar is loads of fun, it’s not hard work, and without lovely people like you we’d have no bar, so volunteer for a shift or two, or even three!
We need developers who are interested in volunteering on the bar software we use quicktill, written in Python and developed by User:Steve needs some changes to comply with this years license, if you are up for a challenge get in touch.
This year we want to improve the training process by creating a short training video or animation that explains the basics to new bar staff, if you have a creative flair why not get in touch with us via the mailing list.
You can see the kind of information it needs to include by reading the manual from 2016.
Call for proposals
The main bar needs decorating this year it's a massive 2 pole big top 16 x 26 meter tent so we're going to be looking for installations via the usual call for proposals process.