Amateur Radio Antennas
This page contains thoughts about what we should do in 2020 for antennas in the EMF Hams amateur radio village. In 2018 we struggled with the mixture of a noisy site and being in a valley so operations were largely confined to the site itself, or needed us to walk up the hill!
We'd like to set up a remote controlled radio and antenna at the cottage on the west of the site (approx map) rather than at the village itself.
This would need permission for:
- A vertical HF antenna for a couple of bands (e.g. 20/40m), needs a fairly flat 5-10m clearing
- Space for a rig and RPi in a dry location with power and network
If space allows then perhaps also room for a small wideband antenna to run a WebSDR server - perhaps others around camp will find this useful?
- hamlib + rigctld for remote control running on a RPi, run it over SSH for auth
- grig client, fldigi etc to control the rig
- Stream audio over the network - via pulseaudio, SIP or something
- Perhaps make a live broadcast available through SIP to the phone network so people can listen in